The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important to know that MRI of the brain is used to examine both soft tissues and blood vessels for damage or injury, such as a stroke.
What is the best time to have an MRI?
MRI of the brain is performed to detect or confirm a wide range of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
– Acute or constant headaches.
– there is a periodic or constant noise in the ears;
– there is weakness and numbness in the extremities;
– There is a decline in memory.
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. Thanks to the introduction of the dye, tumors and other pathological formations can be diagnosed, and their size, structure and contours can be studied in more detail.
Contraindications to use
MRI of the brain is the safest procedure, but some people do not do it: if they have a pacemaker, a hemostatic clip in the brain or metal implants.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– The presence of cochlear implant;
– decompensated heart failure;
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
– installed crowns or braces.
How is the MRI examination
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. Depending on the area and whether there is contrast, MRI can take between 30-60 minutes.
The doctor receives many layer-by-layer images of the brain, on the basis of which he makes a conclusion and confirms or denies the diagnosis.
For more information about MRT golovnogo mozga go this popular website