MRI of the brain is one of the modern non-contact methods of brain research, which uses a magnetic field and radio waves that transmit a signal to a computer and allow you to assess the state of the brain. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During the MRI examination, the doctor sees a detailed image of the brain on the screen, assesses its condition and can detect pathological diseases.
Sometimes, MRI diagnosis may be required to confirm or refute the diagnosis.
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– there is weakness and numbness in the extremities;
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– The person is confused;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. Thanks to the introduction of the dye, tumors and other pathological formations can be diagnosed, and their size, structure and contours can be studied in more detail.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain is the safest procedure, but some people do not do it: if they have a pacemaker, a hemostatic clip in the brain or metal implants.
Also, it is worth quitting MRIs when:
– The presence of cochlear implant;
– decompensated heart failure;
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
– installed crowns or braces.
How is the MRI examination
The examination begins with the preparation: it is necessary to remove all metal objects and remove the phone.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. Depending on the area and whether there is contrast, MRI can take between 30-60 minutes.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
More information about MRT golovnogo mozga visit the best internet page